This is a tutorial on how to roleplay(mostly called RP) with other users in Wiki Chat. It's very simple, but might be difficult for beginners.
Here is one way:
- Before you begin roleplaying, read through the Pocket Kingdom Rules so you don't accidentally break any.
- Now, when you're ready to start, write a character's name and a colon after it. Then, write whatever you want him or her to say (e.g. Kate: Hi!).
- To indicate action, put whatever the character is doing between two asterisks (e.g. Liam X: *jumps*)
- You may put an emoticon in the character's speech (e.g. Magic: I like you! :D).
- (optional) To speak OOC (out of character), like to tell your RP partner you're going out to dinner and you'll be back later or something, either put brackets around what you're saying or just don't put a character and say what you want to say.
Here is another:
- Again, before you start, review the Pocket Kingdom Rules. We don't want anyone getting warned or banned.
- This roleplaying method plays out more like a book. Just picture how dialogue and description work in books, and you should know what I'm talking about. However, just in case, here's an example:
A laugh more like a splutter escapes Hansel, and he finds himself smiling, albeit a little sadly.
"I don't think that'll be possible, Mary," he tells the little girl honestly, though he hates it when her face falls, and he hurries to explain himself. "Her fever's a lot worse than it was before, and I don't want to risk getting you or your family sick, too. You don't need that, especially not now. I think it would be best if I just take her back to the doc's and hope he can help her."
A bright, almost faerie-like giggle chimes, and Hansel snaps up when he realizes it's coming from Mary. Her eyes are twinkling with amusement, and an impish beam lights her face (an excerpt from an unrelated RP, courtesy of BubbleGuppies749).
3. Emoticons are not acceptable in this type of RP. It's considered unprofessional.
4. (optional) To speak OOC (out of character), like to tell your RP partner you're going out to dinner and you'll be back later or something, either put brackets around what you're saying or just don't put a character and say what you want to say.
And most importantly, have fun roleplayig!
If you have any questions or need anything, conact any of the admins.